CORRECTIONAL NURSING! Best Kept Secret in Nursing
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking a Coordinator Infectious Diseases who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Coordinator Infectious Diseases applies appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents with infectious diseases. Monitors patients with infectious diseases, executes physician orders, assists the physician in examinations and treatment, documents and reports infectious diseases and performs related nursing duties in compliance with applicable protocols, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, standards and contract requirements.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
1. Control medication, syringes, sharps and other medical supplies or equipment; inventory as required by established procedures.
2. Perform emergency procedures as needed and call the physician for treatment orders.
3. Removed physician's orders from clinic notes: document and report activities in accordance with established procedures to include chart notes and medical file documentation..
4. Prepare and maintain a variety of standard narrative, statistical summary and/or operational records, reports and logs, using appropriate grammar, to include filing, alphabetizing and labeling; review reports and records produced on the shifts; properly processes all reports and documents in a timely manner.
5. Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
6. Closely monitor inmates/residents with positive serology's and takes appropriate action.
7. Comply with all applicable pharmacy laws, especially those covering controlled substances and adhere to formulary.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, a national leader in high quality corrections and detention management;
- CoreCivic Properties, offering a wide range of innovative, cost-saving government real estate solutions;
- CoreCivic Community, a growing network of residential re-entry centers to help tackle America’s recidivism crisis.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Current license in the state of employment required. A valid driver's license is required. Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE.