At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Correctional Officer who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, security corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 secured facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- A supportive environment where
employeegrowth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
- Perform routine duties of a Correctional Officer in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures to maintain order and provide for the safety, security, care, and direct supervision of those in your care during all phases of activity in the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining order and security of inmates in a correctional facility.
- Able to work any shift, as you may be assigned to a variety of posts including, but not limited to, armory/key control, housing units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- CoreCivic recognizes your military service to qualify you for positions
requiring criminal justice experience.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent required.
- Once hired, must complete pre-service correctional officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, Please click here
CoreCivic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are unable to apply for career opportunities through use of this site due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org