Detention Officer TRAINING (Blue Group)
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Detention Officer who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- PAID Training – Comprehensive training to start a successful career!
- A supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
- Change the lives of those in your care!
- Perform routine duties of a Detention Officer in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures to maintain order and provide for the safety, security, care, and direct supervision of those in your care during all phases of activity in the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining order, safety, and security of residents in a correctional facility.
- Engage in a variety of interchangeable work areas that includes, but is not limited to, armory/key control, housing units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Must complete pre-service correctional officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license and clear driving record is required.
- Demonstrate ability to complete any required training, as established or necessary to meet contract requirements and/or standards.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here