Assistant Shift Supervisor
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking an Assistant Shift Supervisor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Assistant Shift Supervisor supports the supervision of the administrative and operational security activities in a correctional/detention facility. This role will directly supervise officers assigned to the shift and may serve as acting Shift Supervisor in their absence. In addition they will direct officers in performing their duties related to the supervision of inmates/residents and the protection and preservation of their legal rights. The Assistant Shift Supervisor conducts regular inspections of all security-related and control-related functions. Must be able to work any post assignment on any shift.
- Directly supervise assigned security staff on the shift and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff.
- Demonstrate and provide guidance to staff on adherence safety and security practices and post orders.
- Interpret, enforce and comply with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and contract requirements.
- Attend meetings to enhance effective communications between management, staff and inmates/residents.
- Assist in streamlining communications and maintaining consistency of operation between shifts.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Three years of experience in a criminal justice field is required.
- One year of corrections experience, including the care and custody of inmates/offenders is required.
- One year of experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Additional education in criminal justice or a related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- No substitution for the required corrections experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here