At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Safety Manager who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Safety Manager is responsible for promoting and encouraging a safe and environmentally sound culture. They ensure facility safety compliance and keeps abreast of relevant health, safety, sanitation and environmental policies, laws, regulations, and codes. Also they provide technical guidance to management recommending corrective action and preventive measures as required.
- Establish and lead programs to evaluate and monitor safety, health, and environmental practices ensuring compliance with all applicable company policies, customer contracts, federal, state, and local regulations/codes. Promote a zero injury/illness safety culture.
- Interface with regulatory agencies, safety committee members, and facility staff to address concerns and formulate corrective actions.
- Design and conduct safety training for facility staff and inmates/residents. Ensure staff training and corrective action follow-ups are completed.
- Monitor contractor safety activities to ensure services are performed in accordance with company guidelines, regulations and code to maintain the safety and security of staff, inmates/residents and facility.
- Lead and ensure completion of job hazard assessments, fire drills, facility reviews, routine inspections, and safety audits.
- High School diploma, GED certification, or equivalent is required.
- One year of safety, fire and life safety, health and environmental, or risk management experience is required.
- Additional education in safety, environmental health, industrial hygiene, risk management, or other related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- OSHA 511 certification is preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability and be willing to complete any required fire/safety training or other additional training.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE– M/F/Vets/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information on equal employment opportunity, please click here